🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Golden Fall 2 Demo. Feedback required.

Started by
15 comments, last by Zurtan 3 years, 10 months ago

Nice, I listened to the first talk for now.

I think I will try out some of the things he mentioned, but not everything.

I don't agree with everything he says, but I can take some of the things he mentioned and implement.

The things I am going to try out are the:

1. 20 ms "sleep". I will implement a function in the round manager that allows to pause the game in resolution of miliseconds.
  2. Perhaps I will do character shake when it gets hit or hit other characters.
  3. More elaborate death animation. For now in death enemies just fade away. I don't want them to explode I think, because there needs to be a matter of immersion. It's an RPG not an action game. But I will think of something.
    I think I have an issue with leaving their bodies though.
  4. And finally, be more mindful of sound effects. Perhaps adding more bass. I think I pick pretty good sound effects, but I think I could make some sound effects have more bass if they are more related to impact and death.
Advertisement

Implemented some juicyness I guess.

I'm not sure of the mechanics of the game but it looks like the player's attacks and the enemy's attacks are overlapping too much. Also the hit sprite could be a couple of frames shorter, or shrink away.

How come the hallway image in the middle of the trailer is so much better that the hallway image in the start menu?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Yea, I think you are right. The hit and miss sprite where staying for too long, like about 500 ms.

I shortened it to 333 ms

Is this a more convincing trailer?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement