Head full of Ideas needs collaboration.

Started by
3 comments, last by JoeJ 2 weeks, 2 days ago

I’m passionate about games. Trying to teach myself UE5. I have some new concepts/ideas for game mechanics that I haven’t seen in games before and would like to make a team to bring them to life. I’m told these ideas are gold. Concepts involving FPS/TPS/Top Down(Iso)/parkour/platforming/physics/optical illusions/time… If you’re skilled and would like a project to work on consider this and lets discuss.
-Noah

Advertisement

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Maybe dont be secretive and just list them in your post :-)

MrMartin1212 said:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Maybe don't be secretive and just list them in your post :-)

Original ideas are not. That's why companies Reboot, Remaster and Remake so many products (movies and games alike). Why would anyone just post their idea and give it away? If it was the cure for Cancer, sure, but something fun that I could possibly one day make money from? What if the idea for Minecraft (or any decent game) was just given away… I would like to be a part of something. I don't see how your comment is productive. Why go out of your way? Peace

SadMachine said:
Original ideas are not. That's why companies Reboot, Remaster and Remake so many products (movies and games alike).

They remaster their old stuff because it was successful, not because it was good ideas.
If the ideas are good, they make a new game with the same idea, but putting a ‘2’ behind the title.

But well, maybe that's indeed somewhat the same. :D

SadMachine said:
Why would anyone just post their idea and give it away?

Because all the guys tell you that ideas are nothing worth.
After some time you believe it, and you'll spill the beans for free. : )

However, people have indeed their own ideas.
Chances you could lead a team just from being the idea man are tiny, no matter if for profit or just for fun.
You better keep learning, i guess.

Advertisement